College students can earn serious income from Uber Eats. Maximize your free time by opting to receive requests both for Uber Eats and rides. Get a $50 bonus for every 20th delivery.
What’s more, you or any qualified member of your family can earn an online undergraduate course or an online skills-building degree in English language learning or entrepreneurship.
Time is on the side of college students work won’t interfere with studies. Schedule more hours for deliveries if your load is light and reduce this during exam week.
What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is an online food delivery service by Uber. The company began delivering food in 2014 as Uber Fresh and was changed to Uber Eats in 2015 with its own apps separate from Uber rides. It became popular with foodies and ranked among the top food delivery service providers, such as DoorDash, Grubhub, Instacart, and Postmates.
Customers can order from participating local restaurants, groceries, café, and more from the Uber Eats website or mobile app. You can scroll through the menu, add your choices to cart, place order, and pay.
The price of items is the same when you order directly to the business, there’s a delivery fee on top of the order.
Expect your order to be delivered within 30 to 50 minutes. Track your order in the app from acceptance and prepping to the time delivery person is on their way to you.
Why Uber Eats is the Best Food Delivery Service to Work for?
Qualified drivers can generate some serious bucks side hustling as a driver for Uber Eats.
To be competitive, there were changes to the company’s program without sacrificing the pay, incentives, and benefits to transporters.
Is Uber Eats a Good Job for College Students?
Time is gold for college students, it’s difficult to find employment during the school year that will work around their schedule. And during summer there are limited job opportunities for students seeking seasonal employment.
This is where Uber Eats comes in. As long as college students meet the company’s requirements for a driver, they have the liberty to select when and how much they want to work that many part-time job providers do not offer.
How many hours can a student work?
Students can drive as many hours as they want with Uber Eats.
Spend more time to deliver when study load is light and curtail the hours to hit the books during finals week. Come Summer time, skip the hassles, time-consuming queues, and the disappointments to hear back from the employer.
Start work and start earning immediately with Uber Eats.
How much money can a student earn?
Uber Eats pay on a weekly basis, either through a deposit to your bank account or a request for accelerated cash outs for a fee.
There’s no fixed pay for delivering, the pay per trip uses a formula that consider factors such as distance and delivery fees. The customer has the option to tip and rate your service through the app after delivery. Earn extra cash by transporting in surge zones during busy hours.
On average, transporters get paid around $15, Californians make anywhere from $15-$25 per hour with the passage of Prop 22.
Benefits For Student Drivers
With the food delivery services growing rapidly, companies are facing a shortage of quality drivers. Uber Eats offer more incentives to appease drivers and to lure new ones to their fold.
Student drivers can earn a $50 bonus for every 20th delivery.
Uber Eats and Arizona State University (ASU) are giving 100% tuition coverage to qualified delivery people or an eligible family member. This is an opportunity to pursue an online undergraduate course or an online skills-building degree in English language learning or entrepreneurship.
3# Get rewards
Earn points to unlock Gold, Platinum, and Diamond status and receive more rewards by…
- Keeping satisfaction ratings above 85% from restaurants and customers.
- 1 point for every completed delivery, 2 points during lunch hours from 12pm to 2pm, and 6 points during dinner hours from 5pm to 9pm.
4# Receive both requests from Uber Eats and rides
If you are working for Uber Eats, you can opt-in to drive passengers. Your account can be updated to accommodate both requests by contacting support and request to set up for rides only, deliveries only, or both.
How to Become an Uber Eats Driver?
Students have a certain minimum Uber Eats requirements to be an eligible deliverer.
- At least 19 years old, or meet the minimum age to drive in your city.
- Any 2- or 4-door car will do as long as the vehicle is not over 20 years old.
- At least one year of driving experience in the US and 3 years if under 23 years old
- A clean driving record with no major violations dating back 7 years
- A smartphone that supports the Uber app
- A valid US driver’s license and car insurance
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Upon applying, you will be required to complete a safety screening online. There’ll be a review of your driving record and criminal history.
- 17 Proven Ways To Find Freelance Writing Jobs
- 5 Weird And Wonderful Alternative Careers You Haven’t Considered!
- TOP 5 IT Skills To Skyrocket Your IT Career