Social media has been popular since the very beginning and their popularity never ceased. In fact, it is so popular, there are 11 new users joining some social media channels each second. A large portion of people already uses it and the interest is rapidly growing. Just in the past year, the number of users increased by 13 percent and 1 million people started using it on daily basis.
Out of the dozens of highly popular channels, LinkedIn comes somewhere at the top. For quite a while now, it is the most extensive network used professionally, counting 546 million users worldwide. It is both advertising and a hiring platform, perfect for professional associations and engagements. When it comes to making professional business connections and hiring talent, LinkedIn is definitely unrivaled.
That being said, people use the platform to build their brands, make connections, and generate leads. Presence on the platform has become so widely popular, people start hiring cheap essay writing services to make their profiles the most inviting they can be. In other words, it has become a game changer for everyone on a professional level.
The Importance of Using LinkedIn in the Business World
Below you will find the top reasons why LinkedIn is an essential tool to help you build yourself professionally and achieve your goals.
1. LinkedIn is the Number One B2B Marketers Social Media Platform
Out of the participants, 21% listed it as their number one platform, while 41% of them placed it at the top of their list. When asked the same about Facebook, only 30% of them did this.
Facebook might still be the most widely used, but it is no longer the most popular one for business purposes.
2. LinkedIn is Highly Effective for Launching Products
The press releases have long lost their hype in the business world, especially when it comes to launching new products and services.
Social media is one of the biggest tools used for this purpose, and LinkedIn is one of the platforms that have proven to be highly effective in this matter.
According to experts, LinkedIn has a grand impact on how the product news is distributed to bloggers, media, and customers. In fact, it is considered the number one platform for this purpose, especially among B2B marketers. The whopping 80% of businesses has stated that they use this platform for launches, while only 54% use Facebook and 71% use Twitter for it.
3. LinkedIn is Number Three Most Often Used Social Platform for Business
The Salesforce State of Marketing has reported in 2015 that LinkedIn is the third in the list of most commonly used platforms by business people.
At this point, over 62% of business owners have said that they are using the LinkedIn social media platform and plan to continue using it in the future. This makes it one of the most important tools for your business connections.
4. LinkedIn is Highly Popular for Recruiting Talent
Job boards, newspaper job sections and career sites have been the top channels for finding out who recruits for some time now. Not so long ago, people started hiring through social media.
LinkedIn is one of the best platforms for this with over 73% increase in job recruitment. At the same time, there’s been a 16% decrease seen in staffing agencies and only 15% increase seen in internet job boards.
5. LinkedIn Helps Establish Leadership
Being commonly used for professional distribution of content, LinkedIn is known to also establish leadership and promote brands in an industry.
The groups you can join on the platform let users position themselves as influencers. Moreover, the endorsements and recommendations published there can make for a very strong reputation and paint a professional as a highly valued and established expert in their field.
6. LinkedIn Has High Lead Conversion and Generation Rates
In 2012, Hubspot found out that LinkedIn’s traffic and referrals have the highest generation and conversion rate among all social media sites, even more than Twitter and Facebook.
According to their findings, LinkedIn has a conversion rate of averagely 2.74%, while Facebook has 0.77% and Twitter has 0.69%.
7. LinkedIn Improves Professional Relationships
You already know that LinkedIn helps you establish professional relationships and serves as a great hiring platform for business owners and job seekers.
However, there is much more to it. In addition to helping people spread their professional network, it solidifies and improves in-person relationships. Through the use of this platform, people establish better professional relationships with other professionals.
8. LinkedIn in Business Can Help You Reach All of Your Page Followers
This is a grand win of LinkedIn over Facebook – non-filtered feed. So, when you post on the LinkedIn page of your company, the posts will appear in the feeds of all followers, regardless of how often you communicate with them or how often they reacted to your previous posts.
This means that no algorithm will stand between you and your audience. As long as you find the perfect time to post on LinkedIn, a time when your followers are most likely to be online, you can be rest assured that your information will get to them.
9. LinkedIn Increases Brand Search Visibility
If you organize your LinkedIn profile properly, it will significantly increase your odds of ranking high in search engines. This gives professionals higher brand recognition and a high spot in Google search.
Still, to achieve this, you need to focus on several things. Such things include using keywords in the page description and bio, descriptive wording in the company name and job title, complete fields in a job description, and real links to the blog and website of your business.
10. LinkedIn is Perfect for Content Distribution
Did you know that over 94% of B2B business owners use this platform to distribute content? LinkedIn is known to be the most effective platform on social media for content distribution, better than Facebook, Twitter, and even Google+.
Sharing quality and updated content on this platform gets your information out there and in front of your followers and connections. By using their advertising tools, you can extend this reach much further, allowing you to attract a wider audience and more followers without high costs.
How to Use LinkedIn Effectively
Now that you know of the importance LinkedIn has for business people, you need to learn how to use it for your benefit. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Complete the LinkedIn profile with a high-quality photo, background image, industry and location details, detailed summary, work history and education details, skills and areas of expertise, and current job position. If you are seeking a new job opportunity, make sure to add this information too.
- Connect and network with professionals in your industry. Maintain the professional relationships to open up more opportunities for your business.
- Start messaging, posting, and simply – talking. The more present and consistent you are with quality content, the higher your odds of great things happening to your business thanks to LinkedIn.
- Receive and give endorsements of your skills and recommendations for your LinkedIn profile to emphasis your abilities and skills.
- Use groups to discuss your ideas and stay informed on the industry news. This should also boost your professional network on the platform.
- Search for new opportunities and hires. LinkedIn opens you up to a tremendous amount of talent, so search for talented people to work with you.
The reasons why LinkedIn is such a popular platform among businesses on a worldwide level go much further than this list. As soon as you start your LinkedIn journey, you can reap the many benefits it offers in terms of business marketing and growing. Eventually, this platform will help you attract many employees and clients and make for an invaluable part of your marketing strategy.
- Why Facebook Live should be at the top of your Social media strategy
- Importance of Facebook Marketing in small business
- 3 Things You Need To Do To Make Awesome Sales On Twitter
- 3 Effective strategies for building and growing on Instagram without spamming
- Amalgamation of Email Marketing and Instagram can augment your Sales Revenues
Author Bio: Susan Laurel is a Texas-based writer and content expert at the cheap essay writing service EssayWritingLand. In her spare time, Susan explores new travel destinations and writes on her many blogs. She is an IT company consultant with a bachelor’s degree in education and a proud author that’s been published in numerous publications.